Sunday, July 01, 2012

Cruise Time!


In an hour, Shuttle Express comes by to pick me up and take me to the ship!  A few updates since my last entry:
  • I actually did get an upgrade to a better class of cabin.  The odd part, though, is that I received a call on Friday telling me that the ship was slightly overbooked, and if I wanted to delay for two weeks they would offer me another upgrade and half my fare back as credit.  I, of course, declined and stuck with my original date, and I am confused on how I was upgraded on a full ship.  (This  is my first time with this line, so it's not as if it was a loyalty reward.)  In any case, I'll be on the Dolphin level, a couple of decks higher than I thought I would be.
  • A number of people evidently had the same bizarre thought that I did and decided to take off the entire 4th of July week.  Many of my coworkers are doing the same thing, so hopefully work will be a bit slow and I will not get too far behind being out for the next few days.  In any case, I will deal with that later.
  • Unfortunately, a number of fires were flaring at work on Friday, so I was not able to meet with Nancy and Bryan for lunch. That's too bad as I really enjoyed them, but I am nonetheless pleased they looked me up when they were in Seattle.
So in any case, I am packed and ready to go.  I have to admit it's a little odd to be taking a tux and a couple of suits on a vacation.  How strange it is to think that I dress up for vacation and down for work!  

No comments: