Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Milan

Milan Itself.

I spent a total of five nights in Milan…in hindsight, that was more than I should have.

Sunday: Monte Carlo Grand Prix, then got ripped.

Monday morning, Duomo bright and early and still boozed from the night before. Took a 30 Euro cab ride in so I could catch it as the sun came up. Awesome sight, but I started crashing when I could only find carbs, no protein, for breakfast. Went back to the hotel, found the awesome spa area upstairs and kind of enjoyed that. Went to bed at a reasonable time, had a couple of drinks, woke up feeling fine next morning.

Tuesday: Last Supper at 11:15. Tried to buy a Coke at the Supermarket, evidently used the wrong line. Helpful two women and nun. Walked around the ritzy areas, saw the department store, saw Duomo again (this time actually understood it). Got boozed up again that evening.

Wednesday morning: Hung over, spent first half of the day in the spa (really hot Italian rubenesque girl in black bikini), went in to town for a short tour that afternoon. Drinks in first bar was fun, rip off at pasta place.

Thursday morning: Leonardo Natural Science Museum. Later that afternoon, found Castle and ultimately the Hop On Hop Off tour. Got plowed on Lima exit, nice guy who owned bar and wanted to talk, got to use my "Sei molt bella" on his wife as a perfect exit. Got plowed enjoyed lots of appetizers, bought lingerie for my friend, stayed up too late in light of my Friday morning early departure for Munich. Gave Sara 50 Euro tip (found out what I had been leaving on credit card was not given to her.) Got ripped.

Frdiay morning: Got up at 4:00 AM, with very little sleep, but ready for my trip to Munich.

Hookers (three total, lots of used condoms). Weird area: Lots of building going on in anticipation of the Trade Fair Center, but at this time rough. Not unsafe, but not pleasant, certainly not a place you enjoy walking. Good 20 minute walk, once you know the route.

No comments: