Monday, July 22, 2013

Athens to Seattle

Athens to Seattle
6 January 2013
Day of the Epiphany

I got up at 3:00 AM this morning and was in the taxi to the airport by 3:40, a 55 euro trip due to the additional tariffs imposed for arriving before 5:00 AM.  The trip to the airport was brisk, with the taxi hitting 160 km/h (100 mph)!

Greece is still definitely in the Christmas mood, with trees adorning the city and the airport, and Christmas carols playing.  There are a few people in the airport, and some of the shops are open, plus the hotel actually packed me a bag lunch of an apple, a sandwich and a couple of pieces of bread.

The flight home was uneventful, but my arrival at SeaTac had the irony of all ironies:  When I pulled my new suitcase off the baggage carousel, the seam had ripped!  Fortunately nothing fell out, but this trip has destroyed two suitcases!!


No comments: