Monday, July 22, 2013

Jerusalem to Tel Aviv to Athens

Jerusalem to Tel Aviv to Athens
3 January 2013

It was a 2:00 AM wakeup call, followed by a 3:00 AM taxi ride with a 3:40 AM arrival at the Ben Gurion airport---and it might as well have been 3:40 in the afternoon!  The place was packed, a big surprise since I wasn't even sure if I would be able to find a place open for breakfast.  

I’m actually somewhat relieved the group trip is over.  While they for the most part befriended me, it will be relaxing to have three days to myself, to go at my own pace.  The only real “agenda” I have for Athens is to see the Acropolis, and that can easily be done in one day much less three.


Leaving the airport was fairly easy, except that the Israeli security forces really don’t like books, either on the way in or out of the country!

No comments: