Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Departure and on to Cairo

Our last few hours together in London were short, as we hopped into a chauffeur-driven S-Class Mercedes for Heathrow, where Melba was to board her BA flight home, and I was to get on Iberia for my journey on to Cairo. Since Melba was ill (with still no voice!) I upgraded her to Business Class for the trip home. We went our separate ways, with Melba promising to pick me up when I returned home.

The flight to Cairo (with a stop in Madrid) was rather uneventful, other than that a young Muslim woman offered me her dinner when she saw how quickly I had devoured mine! My next stop would be arriving in Cairo at 10:30 PM, for a world totally different than what I had just experienced with Melba in London.



The itinerary for the Egypt portion of the tour is as follows:

No comments: