Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Another unexpected week in Europe

I just heard that Microsoft won't be able to start me for another week (18 August), so even though the credit cards are screaming "NO," I figured I might as well extend my vacation over here for another week. I'm not yet sure where I'll go, but I'll figure that out and post it in a short bit.

This really is perfect, because as I commented a few days ago, a one week trip to Europe is silly; it is way too short given the flight time and jet lag. I arrived late Sunday evening, felt pretty good and visited Therme Erding on Monday, then the jet lag REALLY hit me yesterday as I did the quintessential tourist things (the hop-on/hop-off tourist bus, Hard Rock Munich, the Hofbräuhaus, etc.). Today (Wednesday) I think I am acclimated to the place, so fortunately I'll have another ten days or so left rather than just three.

BTW, in addition to the sites I mentioned above, I also spent a few hours at the Deutsches Museum and only saw a portion of it---you could probably spend three or four days looking at all it has to offer. Unlike the name would suggest, it really is more of a science and technology showpiece, with huge exhibits covering aeronautics and flight, astronomics, computing, communications and virtually any other tech or science field you can imagine. This was a technologist's heaven, with nary an oil painting to be found!

As for those credit cards: Hey, quiet down! The reality of a job and paycheck will be here shortly enough, so chill and enjoy if for now!!!

No comments: