Thursday, August 14, 2008

Quick Köln Update

It's Thursday, my last full day in Köln before catching a train back to Munich tomorrow and the flight back to Seattle on Saturday. I'm amazed at how comfortable this city feels to me, how I can spend hours walking around it, feeling very much at ease, very much like a local.



I spent yesterday walking around the shopping district (the locals shopping area, not really one for tourists), then spent about three hours on boat cruises down the Rhine. I'm certain this is my favorite German city, it's an absolutely amazing place! It's funny that I only decided to come here as a flip of the coin thing while in the Berlin train station!


Keyboards over here are a bit odd, with things such as the z and y keys exchanged. Even typing a short note takes about twice as long as normal, and you get to use the backspace key a lot. More later, as I want to get out and enjoy this final full day.

No comments: